Simple Centrifuge
Clean waste vegetable oil (WVO), bio diesel, lube oils, and even hydraulic oil in your garage
Main
Ordering
History
FAQ
Contact
Lab Centrifuge
Gallery
Videos
About
 
Photo Gallery - This gallery represents the work over several years. Some designs have been replaced and/or updated as time progressed. Most images contain a date stamp visable on the large version. Please note the date when viewing. We are always experimenting with new concepts and designs. If you have any questions about any photo please contact us.
Total photos in gallery 1280 - Latest photo update 2016/07/11 12:37:36
Asterisk(*) indicates new photos in the past 30 days
Adapter 56C to 56J ( 15 )
Algae Recovery ( 42 )
Bacterial fermentation ( 1 )
Balancer Mandrels ( 8 )
Bearing replacement ( 25 )
Botry Culture ( 2 )
Building a gantry ( 16 )
Chestnut Extract ( 9 )
CNC Coolant ( 6 )
Coconut Oil ( 8 )
Construction ( 43 )
Contaminated diesel ( 2 )
Craig's Machine ( 31 )
Cross Drill End Bell ( 10 )
Crude oil ( 5 )
Custom motor shaft ( 23 )
Experimental Motor ( 19 )
Explosion proof motor ( 3 )
Feed Cone ( 29 )
Feed Cone with Fins ( 6 )
Feed Tube ( 3 )
Filter Paper ( 7 )
Ford on WMO ( 2 )
Foundry ( 5 )
Foundry 2 ( 18 )
Gear pump ( 2 )
Grinding fluid ( 19 )
Grinding fluid 2 ( 14 )
Heaters ( 9 )
History ( 11 )
Homemade Diesel ( 7 )
Homemade diesel 2 ( 41 )
Homemade Diesel 3 ( 15 )
Homemade Diesel 4 ( 12 )
How it works ( 3 )
Hydraulic Oil ( 3 )
Keyless Bushing ( 11 )
Lab Centrifuge ( 16 )
Lab Centrifuge 2 ( 18 )
Lapidary Cutting Oil ( 2 )
Lock motor shaft ( 6 )
Magnesol removal ( 6 )
Microwave heater ( 7 )
Misc. Mods ( 4 )
Mitsubishi 4x4 on WMO ( 10 )
New Feed Cone ( 16 )
New Feed Tube ( 7 )
New Rotor 2013 ( 24 )
New rotor design ( 16 )
Oil and Contaminants ( 42 )
Oil Skimmer ( 8 )
Our Shop ( 37 )
Peristaltic Pump ( 29 )
Powder Coating ( 10 )
Renderings ( 8 )
Retrofit rotor for WVOD ( 17 )
Rework Mount ( 10 )
Rotor fins ( 34 )
Rotor Fins One Piece ( 6 )
Seal ( 6 )
Sea Weed ( 4 )
Sediment removal ( 16 )
See thru lid - Building ( 16 )
See thru lid - Testing ( 28 )
Skim Tube ( 56 )
Skim Tube for VCO ( 8 )
Small Settling Tank ( 14 )
Tanks ( 9 )
Tanks - Complete System ( 13 )
Tap drain ( 10 )
Testing Seal Screws ( 6 )
Tests by fuelfarmer ( 22 )
Turn key machine ( 38 )
Two part rotor ( 30 )
Ultrasonic filter cleaning ( 8 )
Updates ( 26 )
Users Machines ( 34 )
Vacuum pickup ( 3 )
VW on WMO ( 7 )
Water-Oil Seperator ( 7 )
Water trap ( 5 )
Wine Clarification ( 4 )
WVO Heat Tests ( 7 )
WVO Pump ( 6 )
WVO Tests ( 14 )
Testing Seal Screws
I have decided to incorporate some self sealing screws into part of the machine. Before committing to the design I wanted to ensure the seals were sound and could hold the required 45 to 50 psi we typically see in the rotor. A test was devised and a fixture built. I wanted to test at about 200% of daily working pressure. I also wanted to be able to take the screws through thermal changes. The screws are custom made and incorporate a tiny o-ring to ensure they are water tight. The screw has proven to be able to work under pressure without leaks. This is the test rig I made.
I machined a scrap length of aluminum round bar for the required counter bore for the flat head screw. On the inside I pressed in a standard captive nut the same as those used on the rotor. This allows the removal and replacement of the screw many times without disassemble. If you look close you can see the screw with the o-ring seal. Next I installed the reducing bushing and the valve stem so I can pump it up.
I machined a scrap length of aluminum round bar for the required counter bore for the flat head screw. On the inside I pressed in a standard captive nut the same as those used on the rotor. This allows the removal and replacement of the screw many times without disassemble. If you look close you can see the screw with the o-ring seal. Next I installed the reducing bushing and the valve stem so I can pump it up.
I later installed a pressure gauge so I could more accurately see what was going on with the pressure inside. I then put the test rig into hot water and the pressure increased to 120 psi. I then replaced the hot water with ice water and watched the pressure drop. Once the ice melted and the water acclimated to room temperature the pressure has remained constant over the past several days.
I later installed a pressure gauge so I could more accurately see what was going on with the pressure inside. I then put the test rig into hot water and the pressure increased to 120 psi. I then replaced the hot water with ice water and watched the pressure drop. Once the ice melted and the water acclimated to room temperature the pressure has remained constant over the past several days.
Numeric Control, LLC
PO Box 916
Morton, WA 98356